All the ingredients are based on re-using the 200 grams yoghurt pot, to keep it simple for kids to enjoy the process and the result. Just follow Poppie’s video: it’s easy for kids—and adults too! Kids will need help to remove the cake from the oven to check it’s done: 170C is HOT. And, as Poppie says, kids may also need help to clean the Thermomix bowl. As all cooks know, the job is never done until everything is cleaned up.
Recipe: Poppie-Louise Leonard
1 200 grams pot of unsweetened yoghurt
1/2 pot vegetable oil
1 pot sugar
2 pots flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
Optional: zest of 1 lemon; 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Note: you can use self-raising flour. If so, there’s no need for the baking powder.
- Pre-heat the oven to 170C.
- Prepare a baking pan, with melted butter and a light dusting of flour.
- Place all ingredients in the bowl (including the lemon zest and vanilla essence if using) and mix 20 seconds/speed 5.
- Pour the mix into your baking pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes in a pre-heated oven.
- Check the cake is done by inserting a knife or skewer. If it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- As Poppie says, “Voila!”